Frontier Communications Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs in SEATTLE, Washington
Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
This position will have overall responsibility to lead Frontier’s state government and regulatory affairs in the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. The successful candidate will favorably represent Frontier and effectively advocate its positions with key stakeholders and others in the industry. This will require extensive interaction and influence with public officials, including state and federal legislators, state agency representatives and the state Public Service Commissions. This role reports directly to the Vice President, Government and Regulatory Affairs.
- Proactively develop and maintain an on-going, positive relationship with legislators, regulators and other government officials.
- Monitor and interpret regulatory orders and legislation to identify compliance requirements, business opportunities, and threats.
- Communicate legislative and regulatory opportunities and threats internally to impacted management and impacted groups within the organization, coordinate development of a necessary advocacy strategy, and execute advocacy strategy effectively to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate threats.
- Develop and oversee procedures designed to maintain an on-going awareness of and compliance with all state rules, laws and agency orders applicable to telecommunications carriers and effectively guide Frontier through legal and regulatory obstacles to its product and financial goals.
- Provide guidance and strategic insights to Frontier leadership on issues involving state regulatory and government matters.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Public Policy
- Graduate degree, preferred but not required
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably with government relations
- Previous telecommunications or regulated industry experience, preferred
- Ability to work independently, while successfully managing multiple priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
- Highly effective presentation skills.
- Analytical and solutions oriented mindset
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex legal and regulatory documents
- Ability to develop positive relationships within the industry and with Frontier’s business
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Work location is flexible if office located near Olympia, WA or Salem, OR
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.