Holland America Line Shore Excursion Reservation Agent - Seasonal (Work From Home) in SEATTLE, Washington
Shore Excursion Reservation Agent - Seasonal (Work From Home)
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
Responsible for answering incoming calls from guests and travel agents for shore excursion-related inquiries for Holland America Line and Seabourn as well as completing and confirming reservations. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and confirm reservations regarding shoreside/land tours, dining and gift orders. Be a knowledgeable resource for travel agents and consumers. Provide quality customer service on all calls. Maintain department's telephone service level goals.
Must have a dedicated, quiet office space at home with access to high speed internet service.
• Apply professional sales techniques in the promotion and sale of shore and land journey tours for direct consumers (primary) and Travel Agents. Demonstrate sales effectiveness by securing pre-payment of tour.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and accurately enter bookings into reservation systems according to company standards.
• Proactively assist direct consumers or Travel Agents with problems that might occur on a shore excursion reservation; work with other departments or supervisor in an effort to resolve the problem in a courteous/timely manner.
• Provide superior customer service; research and answer all questions/concerns related to company product and/or specifically the customer's shore excursion reservation.
• Work independently on outbound call projects.
• Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management thru both oral and written communication.
• Communicate special needs of guests on tours to ships and hotels.
• Work a shift schedule inclusive of evenings and/or weekends.
• Previous sales experience required, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry.
• Customer contact via telephone and email in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, active listening and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong phone presence.
• Strong sales, interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to positively interact with individuals at all levels.
• Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products and Outlook.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.